Provide and oversee first aid services for day camp volunteers and participants. Working dates: June 6, 10-14, July 22-26, Aug 5-9
1. Under the direction of health care standing orders, give first aid in cases of illness or accident.
2. Ensure each person at camp has a health history as required by state law on file.
3. Report serious illnesses and accidents to the appropriate parties as outlined by the health procedures. Submit appropriate reports in time specified.
4. Lead an orientation with volunteers providing overnight first aid coverage to familiarize them with procedures.
5. Monitor and evaluate day camp procedures, facilities and conditions. Suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions at camp.
6. Administer all medications.
1. Follow all procedures and guidelines (including logs and reports) in first aid area.
2. Maintain first aid kits.
3. Compile daily attendance and other camp reports as necessary.
4. Assist in implementing health, safety and program standards.
5. Comprehend and implement emergency procedures.
6. Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers served.
7. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.
Unpaid days off: July 1-5